When you give to United Way, you support partnerships and programs that improve lives in central and northeastern Connecticut.
Helping people access basic needs is one way we work together to make opportunities possible for children and families. Together we:
Provide people with food, shelter, and other essential services and resources by focusing on:
- United Way 2-1-1 information and referral services
- Access to immediate emergency assistance, such as food and shelter
Last year, through gifts to United Way:
- Over 14 million pounds of food was distributed to human services agencies in our region through our partnership with Foodshare.
- Over 13,000 people were connected to emergency resources such as rent/utility assistance, medical equipment, clothing or transportation assistance to better make ends meet.
- More than 1,000 people received emergency shelter.
- United Way 2-1-1 provided information and referrals to more than 88,000 callers in our region.
- More than 3,000 people found safety/services related to sexual assault or domestic violence.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut focuses on helping children succeed and ensuring families become financially secure with access to basic needs, such as food and shelter.