When you give to United Way Community Investment, you support partnerships and programs that improve lives in central and northeastern Connecticut.
Helping people access basic needs is one way we work together to make opportunities possible for children and families. Together we:
Provide people with food, shelter, and other essential services and resources by focusing on:
- United Way 2-1-1 information and referral services
- Access to immediate emergency assistance, such as food and shelter
Last year, through gifts to United Way Community Investment:
- More than 23,500 people received basic food assistance.
- More than 3,000 people received emergency shelter.
- Nearly 1,000 people were assisted by disaster relief services in response to local emergencies.
- Nearly 110,000 individuals in our 40-town region were connected to information and referrals through United Way 2-1-1.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut focuses on helping children succeed and ensuring families become financially secure with access to basic needs, such as food and shelter.