Development Administrative Assistant
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is one of more than 1,200 autonomous United Ways in our nation and nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways in 45 countries and territories. Since 1924, $900 million has been raised through our United Way to help people in our community.
To engage people to improve lives and change community conditions. We have the unique ability, vision and resources to bring together diverse stakeholders around a community vision of creating positive change to achieve long-lasting results for children and families.
Join Our Team! Career Opportunity
We are searching for an experienced Development Administrative Assistant to provide technical expertise on organization’s Customer Relationship Management System (CRM), research and data analytics, quality assurance and other administrative duties to support United Way’s annual fundraising. This position will also help support strategies aimed at increasing resources raised to support organizational goals.
What you’ll do:
- Acts as department “super user” proving expertise on organization’s CRM and provides on-going training to staff in coordination with Development Director.
- Maintains accurate company and individual donor records in CRM. Assists with campaign data management and provides reports for statistical analysis
- Processes fundraising campaign transactions such as, match requests and workplace contributions.
- Serve as department lead on United Way’s production team, responsible for ensuring timely and accurate pledge processing, quality assurance, and campaign tracking activity.
- Provides research and reconciliation for third-party processed accounts to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Identifies methods to streamline administrative processing for department.
- Coordinates the ordering and delivery of marketing and promotional items to support workplace campaigns.
- Responsible for organization and management of campaign inventory and supply room to ensure adequate supplies are available to support workplace campaigns.
- Attends internal and external meetings and functions and is responsible for meeting notes/minutes, as needed.
Other Functions, as needed
- Provides administrative support to development department.
- Assists with special events.
- Provides front desk coverage.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft CRM systems and Office Suite, including Excel is essential.
- Ability to understand and analyze data and develop reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines, with the ability to react and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Must possess the highest level of organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Holds self and other team members accountable for achieving results.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing 1) their qualifications and experiences 2) salary requirements, and 3) how they learned about the position to:
United Way of Central and Northeastern CT
30 Laurel Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Job Closing: November 30, 2017
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.