When you give to United Way Community Investment, you support partnerships and programs that improve lives in central and northeastern Connecticut.
Helping local youth succeed now and in the future is one way we work together to make opportunities possible for children and families. Together we:
Help children and youth succeed academically and in life by focusing on:
- Early childhood education
- After school and summer learning opportunities
Last year, through gifts to United Way Community Investment:
- More than 2,500 children in quality early childhood education programs gained skills needed to succeed in kindergarten.
- More than 1,500 United Way volunteers created literacy kits for nearly 3,500 children in our region.
- More than 230 children were helped by volunteer United Way Readers once a weekand 90 percent improved their literacy skills.
- 3,300 youth in after-school programs improved their academic performance.
- More than 4,800 youth improved skills needed for academic success, such as study skills.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut focuses on helping children succeed and ensuring families become financially secure with access to basic needs, such as food and shelter.