- Membership Groups
- Other Opportunities
Thank you for connecting children and families with opportunities!
Through your gifts to United Way Community Investment, children succeed academically and in life, families become financially secure, and everyone has access to immediate emergency assistance, such as food and shelter.
Click here to see a list of workplaces that participated in our 2015 United Way Campaign and were recognized in Hartford Business Journal.
In 2015 because of you,
- 2,550 children in quality early childhood education programs gained skills needed to succeed in kindergarten, such as counting and literacy skills
- More than 4,800 youth improved skills needed for academic success
- 3,300 youth did improved their academic performance because of their participation in after-school programs
- Nearly 11,000 filers received $28.4 million in federal refunds and credits through free tax preparation and help from 300 IRS-certified volunteers
- More than 23,500 people received basic food assistance
- More than 3,000 people received emergency shelter
- More than 4,900 people were connected to benefits they’re eligible for, such as SNAP, WIC, childcare subsidies and healthcare, helping them better make ends meet
- Nearly 50 people participated in United Way Volunteer Budget Coaching. All participants said that they learned better money management skills and 61 percent reduced debt
- Nearly 600 people were able to secure employment because of job training
- Nearly 1,000 people were assisted by disaster relief services in response to local emergencies.
Thank you, United Way volunteers!
Stay connected with us year round! Click here for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
As a dedicated donor to United Way, you're invited to attend all of our events held throughout the year. Some include:
- Annual Meeting (March 30, 2016)
- Power of the Purse Luncheon and Silent Auction (June 7, 2016)
- Rising Star Breakfast (August)
- Spin for Kids (November)
For upcoming events: unitedwayinc.org/events