Take Action as a VITA Volunteer
Join us this tax season as a United Way VITA volunteer and help families in our region get the tax savings and refunds they’ve earned. By offering tax preparation services at no cost, we’re improving lives and working to empower individuals and families toward economic mobility.
What is VITA?
- A volunteer support program that provides tax preparation services for families with household incomes up to $56,000
- IRS-certified volunteers help you prepare and file your taxes
- Most participants receive their refund in just 7-10 days
- Sites operate throughout the region seven days a week at convenient times and locations
What does it take to become a volunteer?
- No experience required
- Free training provided
- Commit to just one, four-hour long shift per week from mid-January through mid-April 2020
- Locations in Greater Hartford and Windham Regions
- Spanish-speaking/bi-lingual volunteers needed
How do I help as a volunteer?
- Prepare and file income tax returns
- Greet filers or manage appointment schedules
- Help filers learn about ways to save and stretch their refunds
- Act as a translator for volunteers and filers
- Work with one household per hour on average
For more information, contact Phil Blonski at email@example.com; 860.493.1132.
Powered by: Community Accounting Services | HRA of New Britain, Inc. | The Village for Families & Children | United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut