United Way Emerging Leaders Society recently hosted its second ELS Case Competition to provide leadership development and engagement opportunities for young professionals.
Teams were paired with executive mentors to develop innovative ways of partnering with United Way. Their ideas on advancing corporate social responsibility goals and contributing to positive community change were presented before a panel of judges (area corporate executives).
A team of young professionals from Aetna, a CVS Health Company, mentored by Brent Robertson, Co-Founder, Fathom, developed the winning proposal. The team now has an opportunity to work with United Way to implement their idea.
Winning Idea – Community Innovation and Impact Portal
Envision a simple platform that allows employees to submit ideas and initiatives that will positively impact their community.
How it works:
- An employee identifies a need in the community that is within the bounds of their company’s core mission.
- They write up a simple proposal and submit it to the portal.
- After an initial review by their company’s internal team, qualifying ideas are posted to the portal.
- All employees view and vote on proposals that they want to support.
- Ideas with the most support are assessed for feasibility and impact, leveraging the United Way’s Salesforce technology and community expertise.
- Each quarter, the highest rated idea is selected for implementation. Employees can commit their time, money, or resources to the winning idea.