There are two opportunities to receive no-cost, quality tax assistance and preparation services: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and MyFreeTaxes. Choose your way!
Get help from an IRS-certified volunteer, if your household income is up to $57,000:
- Clients who register in advance will have their returns given priority.
- In Greater Hartford and Windham County, dial 2-1-1 and press ‘3’ for an appointment orsign up online at www.211ct.org.
- For VITA in New Britain, call 860-612-3983.
- Get your refund in 7-10 days.
IRS-certified volunteers will make the process easy, helping you get all the tax refunds and credits you’ve earned. Most appointments take 30 minutes to an hour.
MyFreeTaxes is completely free for anyone of any income who needs to file a simple return.
- Prepare and file your taxes at MyFreeTaxes.com.
- Online help is available.
Our United Way, in partnership with The Village for Families & Children, Human Resources Agency of New Britain, Inc., City of Hartford and a network of municipal and community providers in the Greater Hartford, New Britain and the Windham regions, connects hard-working families with opportunities to keep more money in their wallets through the VITA and MyFreeTaxes campaign. This is just one way we work with our partners to help local families become more financially secure.