There are two opportunities to receive no-cost, quality tax assistance and preparation services: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and MyFreeTaxes.com. Choose your way!
Get help from an IRS-certified volunteer, if your household income is up to $64,000:
- To make an appointment at a site in Greater Hartford, Enfield, Tolland and Windham County, visit 211ct.org/taxhelp
- If you are a VITA filer and have questions or concerns, please call 860.971.4750. This number is not for booking appointments.
- To make an appointment at a site in Greater New Britain, call 860.612.3983.
- Get your refund in 7-10 days.
- Save on average $200+ in tax preparation fees
IRS-certified volunteers will make the process easy, helping you get all the tax refunds and credits you’ve earned. Most appointments take 30 minutes to an hour.
MyFreeTaxes is completely free for anyone of any income who needs to file a simple return.
- Prepare and file your taxes at MyFreeTaxes.com.
- Online help is available.
Our United Way, in partnership with The Village for Families & Children, Human Resources Agency of New Britain, Inc., City of Hartford and a network of municipal and community providers in the Greater Hartford, New Britain and the Windham regions, connects hard-working families with opportunities to keep more money in their wallets through the VITA and MyFreeTaxes campaign. This is just one way we work with our partners to help local families become more financially secure.