Who are our Constitution Society Members?
Constitution Society members are leading the way in making real, measurable impact on issues facing people locally. Members of this exclusive United Way Society come from diverse backgrounds and careers, using their generosity, time and talent to create real, lasting change in the lives of local adults, children and families. The Society connects people, along with their passions, to collectively make our region a better place.
Members of our local Tocqueville Society automatically become members of United Way Worldwide’s Tocqueville United, which is comprised of philanthropic leaders from throughout the United Way network, including not only the United States but also the world.
Why give directly to United Way?
In addition, those who give directly to United Way, make opportunities possible for children and families right here in our community. They understand and embrace the fact that there must be strategic solutions to our most complex challenges.
They recognize that no one organization or person can do it alone. It is through connecting people and passions they we’re able to make our region a better place.
How are Constitution Society Members Recognized?
As a Constitution Society Member, your name will be included in the Leadership Investors Roster. This is an online publication, which is published annually.
Membership Criteria, Levels and Benefits
Constitution Society membership is open to individuals or couples who donate a gift of $1,000-$9,999 annually through the United Way Campaign.
Colleague: $1,000 to $2,499
- Access to, and networking with, other like-minded individuals, professionals and community leaders.
- Invitations to exclusive Constitution Society events throughout the year
- Opportunities to participate in the work of United Way with other Constitution Society members, experiencing the impact of one’s gift firsthand
- Listing in United Way Annual Report and Leadership Investors Roster
Framer: $2,500 to $4,999
- All recognition and benefits granted to Colleague level members
- Priority access to United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut events
Founder: $5,000 to $9,999
- All recognition and benefits granted to Framer level members
- Invitation to select Tocqueville Society member events
If your employer offers a match program, your donation and match combined may be eligible (ex: $5,000 personal gift with $5,000 employer match).
Through the United Way Philanthropy Fund, you receive customization, choice, convenience, recognition and impact.