United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut (United Way) is making funds available for eligible organizations to apply for one-time funding to support residents who have been adversely impacted by the pandemic. Applications to apply for Neighbors in Need are now available.
Organizations must meet the following requirements in order to apply:
- Be exempt from federal income tax under the Internal Revenue Code, Section 501(c)(3) or have a fiscal sponsor/agent that is exempt; public entities (i.e. school district, municipality, etc.) will also be considered.
- Organization/fiscal sponsor has been in operation and has had tax exemption for a minimum of three fiscal years.
- Organization/fiscal sponsor has an independent annual audit or financial review which reflects a clean opinion and a sound financial position.
- Must be a registered nonprofit with the State of Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection Charity Unit and abide by all state laws regulating charities (if applicable).
- Serves individuals/families in United Way’s catchment area.
- Affirms United Way’s Policy of Non-Discrimination.
- Grants permission by virtue of the application that information can be shared with other philanthropic partners as we work to coordinate efforts and maximize resources.
- Will actively assist marketing efforts in providing human interest stories and related information, promoting United Way Neighbors in Need and recognizing United Way as a partner.
If you’re interested in partnering with United Way in other ways such as advocacy and volunteering, please complete this short survey.